fbpx
14 days in Cuba2016-03-30T16:04:25+00:00

Best Cuba Guide Forums General 14 days in Cuba

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello my friends and I are going to Cuba en April. We are staying 14 days, we want o to visit La Habana, Varadero and Girón. What other places do you recomend us to visit? I’m going with 1000 (USD) is that enough? Thank you.

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi. I do not think that 1000 USD is enough. You might be able to use only 1000USD, but it will be a tight budget. There will not be much space for anything extra. It also depends a lot on what kind of a spender you are. If you are very frugal, then it will be ok. But if you like to drink and have fun, you will need more money. It also depends on how many friends you are going with and how much money they bring. If you are going with 2 or 3 other friends and you will be sharing the cost of taxis and rooms with them, then it will be ok. But if you will be taking a taxi by yourself and renting a private apartment, then your money will go very fast.

The usual recommendation for money is to bring about $100USD per day.

Also, there is still the 10% penalty on USD exchange. So your 1000USD will only be worth 900$ USD once you get to Cuba. The penalty is supposed to be removed soon, but as far as I know, it is still in place.

As for places to visit. I would say Habana, Varadero and Giron are good places. Also, you might like to visit Trinidad, which is about 2 hours east of Giron. It is a very popular place with nice architecture and nature. Also, near Trinidad is the Topes de Collantes natural park which is very beautiful.

I hope this helps.

Mario

Bruguesa
    Participant

We are a group of 3 or 4 peopl, we are staying together and sharing taxis. Do you think is better to take Euros?

Mario

Hi, ok, so if you have about 2500 to 3000 $ USD in total, with all your friends then it will be enough to have a good time. So if you each bring 1000 it will be more than enough.

I would recommend bringing euros. You will get a better exchange rate since you will avoid the 10% penalty on the USD.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
CLOSE
CLOSE