fbpx
Booking a Casa Particular through the website2018-03-09T17:46:25+00:00

Best Cuba Guide Forums General Booking a Casa Particular through the website

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I love the book, took it to Habana with me and am just returning from a 2 month stay where I studied music at the Habana Music School. I am going again in January 2019 for another 2 month study trip and I booked a casa particular through this website just now. I am a little anxious about the reservation because the response (we have been emailing)  from the other end is rather more casual than usual, “Ok you’re booked, pay the landlord when you arrive”…I guess I am asking for reassurance that the apartment will truly be available when I arrive, as they did not require any kind of deposit to secure the reservation.
    Thank you for all the great info – I used the book to great advantage while there.

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi Kim, I will give you a complete response via the booking email which we received from you. It will be more private for you that way. But yes, there is no deposit needed. Your bookings are made directly with the landlords. Things in Cuba are informal. The landlords keep a written notebook with their bookings. For your booking, the landlord has simply written you in for your dates in Jan 2019.

Cuba is a cash economy, so your payments are made in cash, directly to the landlord.

It happens in less than 5% of cases that landlords will switch bookings and mess things up. This is an unavoidable things that sometimes happens. Usually it is made by mistake, but sometimes landlords do it in order to make more money or because they have a problem with their house (a flood or construction work, etc). But even if this happens, we would always contact you and work with you to find a new option.

In this particular case, with the landlord that you are booked with, I am close friends with him and he has one of our most popular casas. He is dependable and I don’t think you will have any issues.

I will write you more to your personal email

take care,

Mario

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
CLOSE
CLOSE