fbpx
Buying shoes in Cuba2018-01-10T17:22:42+00:00

Best Cuba Guide Forums General Buying shoes in Cuba

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thanks for the great reads before our Cuba trip. Both the Real Havana & Tips. We are looking forward to Cuba, for only 9 nights, arriving 23rd of April and leaving 2nd of May. We currently have 2 nights booked in Havana, plan to do a day trip to Vinales by taxi on the 24th and hope to spend a couple of days in and around Trinidad. We will add days in & around Havana before and/or after Trinidad. My husband thinks he may like to buy some Cuban shoes/boots as part of his Cuba experience. Are there any places that may be good for this? And do you know where I could find an idea of prices please?  J

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi, Cuban shoes! Did you know that Cuba has a budding shoe manufacturing sector? Yes. Most of the shoes are Nike knock offs. There are also some loafers and dress shoes. The quality is rather low, but so is the price. Honestly, I like Cuban shoes. They look good and buying the shoes is certainly a way to help the local economy.

I have purchased shoes at the Tulipan market in the Plaza neighborhood. Many markets in Havana also sell shoes. If you are in Old Havana then there are many flea markets and handicraft markets beside the Capitolio building. Sheck this map for the exact locations. https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Havana_Shoe_Stores/uSDMhxa5Dl

The prices for the shoes range from about 100mn to 200mn – So 4cuc to 8cuc ($4 USD to $8 USD). The prices are not usually negotiable, since the margins are low (too much competition), but usually if you buy more than one pair of shoes you can get a small discount.

Have fun!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Mario.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
CLOSE
CLOSE