fbpx
Cheap casa particulares2018-01-10T17:06:19+00:00

Best Cuba Guide Forums General Cheap casa particulares

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ive been emailing people in your book for accommodation.

I emailed about 10 places, 4 replied, Gustavo is available and Nora. For long term they quoted $600 for 1 month 25/30 per night. Is that the going rate? $600 seems a lot of money in Cuba.
    Are there cheaper apartments you could rent for say $300 for 1 month?

Mario Rizzi

In terms of apartment prices, the going rates for long term rentals will be about $20 per night. If you can get 30 days for 600$, that’s good. The main issue in keeping prices high is that this is the high season for tourists. For many of these casas, they will be fully booked for the next few months, and then remain empty or practically vacant all summer.

I will give you a heads up. Don’t pay for these casas all in one shot. Pay 4 days, or 1 week at a time. Because problems can always occur, and you don’t want to feel stuck.

I will contact my friend in Cuba and have her call a few other casas and see if she can negotiate the price down a bit more for you, on a per night basis. I might be able to work something out and give you a few more options.

Since I have friends in Cuba, I might be able to get you rates which are even a bit cheaper. Cubans usually negotiate really well among themselves, so prices go down if a Cuban asks, rather than if a foreigner asks. I will send you a private message with the info.

If anyone else is interested in booking a cheap casa, contact me and I can do the negotiating for you. It’s no problem.

Mario
    Keymaster

Also, booking is available directly on the website. Just input your dates and your message will be automatically sent to the landlords and the booking will get confirmed.

Ramona

Hi Mario I got your book and it is so wonderful I have been looking at the apartments because I am coming on a sabbatical because my grandmother is from Cuba and I would like to experience her Homeland even though she has passed away many years ago so I am looking for an apartment hopefully in a beautiful restored Colonial with some Garden space I would like to pay the going rate of 600 and also would not mind negotiating by the week and paying 20 with the promise of if the water and electricity and things hold out I should be staying there the entire time I am spoiled because of traveling in Asia Bali Thailand and living in Hawaii and California so I really would love a place with a beautiful outdoor space no matter how small and I am not a drinker partier I am going to Havana for the art and music and architecture so it would be nice if it was quiet I like to have my own space so I am willing to pay for it while I am there even though they Casa particular sound really great I would like to also be able to get away from the family I am sure you know what I mean so if you have any ideas for me please email me at the email address and I am going to be arriving July 5th and leaving August 1st I am just now getting on this so any replies would be greatly appreciated and I am a very excellent tenant thank you so much for your wonderful book I am looking forward to making Cuba my second home

Mario
    Keymaster

Hey!

I’ve been in Cuba for the last few weeks and missed your message. I hope you were able to find a place. It’s really very easy and as this is low season you should not have trouble finding a place for about $600 per month.

Here are some excellent choices:

take care,

Mario

david bogdan

hi

we are a familly from romania interested in spending 2 month in cuba from april-may

we wish to stay in 2 casas 1 month each in guanabo and varadero or close to it .

the main wish for us is to be 50-100  m from beach(in fact we like it RIGHT on the beach)with a little garden.

we would like to pay 20 euros /night with breakfast included(if possible!!)but we would take dinner with them so it would be a fair deal …

could you negotiate for us this price and send us an offer??regards Bogdan

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ok, I will be honest with you, my specialty is in casas in Havana. I would not feel comfortable confirming your family in a casa in Guanabo or Varadero for 1 month in each town, if I did not personally know the casa and know how good the casa was. It is very common to have problems with the casas and I do not want to be responsible if things do not go as expected.

That being said, I will check on a couple of casas that I do know in Guanabo and Varadero and ask the landlords if they would accept your price.

Please tell me how many people will be traveling and how many beds you need? Also, your exact dates.

Also, have you been to Guanabo or Varadero before? Do you know the area? Are you familiar with Cuba?

take care,

Mario

Mario
    Keymaster

Also, for your needs it might be good to check out this website and look for casas being offered by landlords in Guanabo..

http://www.revolico.com/vivienda/casa-en-la-playa/search.html?q=guanabo&min_price=&max_price=&images=on&order=date

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
CLOSE
CLOSE