fbpx
Great trust based service2018-03-02T14:34:38+00:00

Best Cuba Guide Forums General Great trust based service

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Mario and team,

Just had a few (3) exchanges with Claudia from your team about arrangements for airport transfers as well as city to city transfers by taxi.

I must say that I love your human approach. Sending in the transportation needs, being said that all is confirmed (without payment or confirmation number) and given a phone number to call in case the driver isn’t there, that’s what I call “good ole’ times business” (I’m only 48…) where someone’s word and a handshake go a long way.  Trust based business is a gem that is harder and harder to find.

I was so pleased with this approach that I ordered both your travel guide books and registered to this site just to say how pleased I am for having found you through a search.

All the best 🙂

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi Eric. Thank you very much for this post. I am happy to see that we could help you. I have a great team in Havana and they really try their best every day to deliver personalized service.

Cuba is a dificult place for business. Customer service is a very new thing. It’s hard to imagine and it was a huge culture shock for me the first time I visted the island. Business in gerneral is a new thing in Cuba.

The goal of my website is not to make profit. We don’t charge a commission and I feel that really liberates us from a lot of restrictions. We can focus completely on customer service and in a place like Cuba, where it is lacking, we can fill this niche. This was my goal. 

When I am in Cuba, I like to meet with travelers from the website. Claudia often meets with travelers too. Just to say hello and to see how things are going.

I am from Montreal (and I think you might be too). Quebec sends a lot of tourists to Cuba and I would say Canadians in general are pretty well informed about how things are in Cuba. But many otehr countries see Cuba as a new and sometimes scary place. So we like to always give our contact numbers (personal cell phone numbers) so that travelers know that they have somebody they can trust on the island, if they need anything.

I really hope that we meet and exceed your expectations. If there are any problems please call Claudia and we will make everything perfect. I am in Montreal now and will not be in Cuba during your trip, but I wish you and your crew a great voyage and lots of fun memories.

Mario

Éric de Montreal
    Participant

Hi again,

The service was great ! The same driver took care of all of our 4 transports (2 airport transfers and 2 inter-city).

A little mix-up happened for our Havana transfer from Varadero. A different yellow minivan showed up at our address, destination Havana and we were (without asking) convinced that it was a replacement for our previous driver. Turned out that the driver had the right address, on the wrong street, with the same destination (what are the chances for that to happen ?…). While our driver was waiting for us at our casa, I made the driver call Claudia, the contact in Cuba and the situation was sorted out.

We will use your services again.

By the way, do you have contacts for casas in Santa Marta ?

All the best

Eric

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi Eric. Thank you for this review. I am very glad that you had a good time in Cuba and that we were able to help you with these transportation services. I am very happy that you contacted Claudia. Our core value is customer service and we want our clients to contact us the moment they have any questions or issues. Claudia speaks many languages and she is always available to help sort out any issues. 

We have not yet expanded the casa list to include Santa Marta. I am always working on adding new casas, but have not make any contacts yet with owners in that location. Sorry. But it is a great place and very close to Varadero. An authentic Cuban town with good people and just a few minutes to excellent beaches. I definitely have to spend some time there and explore.

take care,

Mario

herve djeda

bonjour nous allons venir à cuba du 29/11/2018  au 14/12/2018

Pouvez vous nous indiquer un guide nous serons 5 adultes

en vous remerciant hervé

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
CLOSE
CLOSE