fbpx
Overnight Cruise2017-04-23T13:10:37+00:00

Best Cuba Guide Forums General Overnight Cruise

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

My wife and I’ll be doing a cruise into Havana that includes an overnight stay. We arrive on a Tuesday and leave Wednesday evening. Although the cruise line offers excursions, we were looking for a smaller group tour (maybe just the 2 of us). We enjoy architecture, music and food (not the touristy attractions). Is this something we can just do on our own?

Thanks!

Cary

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi, the cruise ship will dock in Old Havana. It’s touristy, but it is packed with things to see and do. You can easily walk around the neighborhood and visit castles, museums, art galleries, and restaurants. You will see musicians playing outside. You will see locals going about their daily lives. It should be really fun and I think you will learn a lot. If this is what you had in mind, then you can easily navigate around the neighborhood yourself.

Walking further out, you can see other neighborhoods. You might consider taking a taxi since vedado is a bit of a long walk from the old havana cruise port.

For more detailed tours, we offer walking tours of old Havana. You would have an English speaking guide walking with you in Havana, describing architecture and culture. More details on this option can be found here:

I hope this help.

Mario

Cary

Thanks for your quick response. Yes your response is helpful. We just received your book and will be doing some reading this week. We are also interested in your tour offerings. Is there any for evening time available as well?

Cary

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi, for sure, we do evening tours. Basically, we can organize the tour around your schedule and your interests. It’s 100% customized for you. You can make a list of things you want to specifically see and we can check those out in detail. Or tell us your favorite themes and we can focus on those. The standard tour covers everything, but we can go into details as you like. And the times are completely your choice.

Morning or evening is good since the temperature is cooler, and it can get really hot in Havana.

Once you decide, just tell me and my assistant will work out the details and book you the tour.

take care,

mario

Emjay
    Participant

I will be arriving by cruise also end of June.  There will be me and my 2 adult daughters.  We are also looking to take a tour.  It doesn’t have to be the whole day but it can be.  Some walking is ok but not all walking.  We would also be interested in local crafts, rum and souvenirs.  Also interested in some history, sightseeing and fun stuff.  Can you arrange for us.  I live in Florida and I know Cuba is hot but is there high humidity?

Marge

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi Emjay,

We have walking tours (https://bestcubaguide.com/old-havana-walking-tours/)

and

taxi tours (https://bestcubaguide.com/havana-taxi-guided-tour/)

The walking tours are in Old Havana. You learn about architecture and art and culture and music, etc. The typical tour is 2 hours and it is very interesting.

The taxi tours get you all around Havana and especially to the neighborhoods of Vedado, Central Havana and places on the outskirts of the city. These places outside the main city are far to walk to, but very nice to see and it is best toured in a taxi. You get to basically see all of Havana and hit many culturally important areas and many good tourist attractions. These tours also take about 2 hours.

For either option, you can always stay longer (you pay the hourly rate which is like 25$ per hour for a taxi tour… it’s not expensive)

It really just depends what you would prefer to do. In my opinion, it would be best if you schedule a walking tour first, and then, if you also want a taxi tour to see the rest of the city, we can organize that for the next day.

It get’s very hot in Cuba. And very humid in Havana. The ocean is right beside the city. When it rains, the air becomes very humid, but the sun is so hot that it usually burns off the water pretty fast. The walking tours are best in the morning, since it is cooler. The taxi tours have air conditioning, so it doesn’t matter the time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
CLOSE
CLOSE