fbpx
peripheral (distant bairrios) of Havana (areas where no tourists walking around)2018-01-10T17:06:22+00:00

Best Cuba Guide Forums General peripheral (distant bairrios) of Havana (areas where no tourists walking around)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hello, again, Rizzi,
    I’ve bought Real Havana, the 2 formats for browser and I am waiting for the paper book.
    Just a question:
    For I intending to go to distant areas of Havana
    I say, the border lines (los bairrios lejanos ), where the people, withouth any tourist walking around.
    Do you know where can I get some information about that?
    Humberto – from Recife – Brasil
    • This topic was modified 8 years ago by Mario.
    Humberto

Oh, now I see: my words, using Trebuchet, have becoming “egypt hierogrifos”… But thanks for sending email to my email.

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi, no problem. I will post the reply here too.

Hi, it should be very easy to find areas with no tourists. In Havana I would say 70 percent of tourists stay in old Havana. 10 percent stay in central Havana and maybe 20 percent in Vedado.

In Miramar, there are foreigners, but those people are mostly there for work or they are traveling in organized tours, so they don’t leave their hotels.

In Playa, there are no tourists walking around. In Marianao or la Lisa, there are no tourists. In San Miguel del padron or Guanabacoa or El Cerro, there are no tourists.

Basically, as soon as you get out if the 3 main neighborhoods,( Vedado, centro Havana and old Havana) there are no tourists anywhere.

I write a bit about these neighborhoods in my guidebook and how to get to them. The cheapest way is to take the bus. And honestly, you can take any bus and they will take you out of the city. All the buses go out. Here is a bus routes map. It looks complicated, but trust me, once you are there and see a bus, you can just check the number and it is pretty easy to find out more or less where it’s going. And I always ask the driver too.

http://www.cuba-individual.com/bilder/Plano_rutas_Habana.jpg

It’s fun to get out if the city and I would highly recommend it.

Please ask me if you have more questions.

Take care
    Mario

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Mario.
    Vesna

Sorry if my question isnt point of discution in this forum,but can you please write me where are the beaches in Havana,and do they will be close to me if i stay in Old Havana or in Havana Centar? Thank you for the answer 🙂

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi Vesna,

There are no beaches with sand directly in Havana. You have a to go a bit out of the city for the beaches. It would take about 20 minutes with a taxi to get to a beach from downtown Havana.

Please check out this link for more info.

Have a great trip and feel free to ask any other questions.

Mario

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
CLOSE
CLOSE