fbpx
Recommend casa particular with family2018-01-10T17:25:19+00:00

Best Cuba Guide Forums General Recommend casa particular with family

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Mario,

We are a family of 3 planning a trip to Havana in February. Can you recommend a casa particular, private room type, owned by a family with a young child or children who might be a playmate for our daughter, age 8? A pet dog would be an added bonus. As you might guess, we are seeking an authentic people-to-people experience!

Thanks

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by eah123.
    Mario
    Keymaster

Hi, that’s a good question.

I usually travel with my daughter, who is 5 years old. She has a great time watching the chickens running around in the yards all over Havana and saying hello to all the cats playing in the streets and the dogs which are walked at the parks. I am sure your daughter will have a great time in Havana.

I know that in the following casa, the owner has a dog and a young boy. I am not sure if the dog and boy will be there during the day. The casa is rented independently. But the owner is very outgoing and commonly invites guests to go out for drink or coffee or dancing with him. https://bestcubaguide.com/portfolio-items/casa-particular-gustavo-2-bedroom-apartment/

At this next casa, it is owned by my good friend Enrique. It is a beautiful place. But it is only 1 bedroom. I can ask him if there is another bed, but Dont think so. He has an 8 year old boy and there is another young boy who lives in the bottom apartment. The kids are always playing outside and it is a fun building. https://bestcubaguide.com/portfolio-items/casa-enrique-independent-apartment/

This next casa is located right beside casa Enrique. And it has a yard and I believe the owner has a dog as well. The owner has no kids, but as mentioned there are lots of kids on this street. This is probably my best recommendation for you.

I know you might be thinking of having an experience where you are all living in the same space and you can have meals at the table together with the Cuban hosts and the kids interact and learn and it’s like one big family. Unfortunately, I dont know of anymore casas like that. Perhaps that used to take place but these days in cuba, casas are usually more structured, and are more or less just apartment or room rentals where guests are given privacy. You can interact with the hosts, but it’s not like one big family. In small towns and the countryside you can still find this, but in the city or Havana it is rare and I am not sure of a casa that is like that any more.

Sorry, but I hope this info stills helps you,

Mario

eah123
    Participant

Thanks for your recommendations.

Pawel
    Participant

Hi Mario,

We are looking for casa particulares on a villadge near to the beach, max. 3-4 hours from Havana. Could You recomend something for us?

Best Regards,

Pawel

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi, there are many good beach towns near Havana.

Guanabo is about 30 minutes driving from Havana and is a beachside community. It’s not bad. There are lots of bars and restaurants and many casas to rent. I have listed 2 of my favorite casas here: https://bestcubaguide.com/casas-particulares-in-guanabo-cuba/ . Both casas are fantastic.

If you want to get further away from Havana, you can go to Trinidad. It is about 4 hours driving from Havana. It is a beautiful town and very popular. There is a lot to do in the town and many places to explore. It is rich in history. There is also a beach (Playa Ancon) just near the town. Here are some casas in Trinidad https://bestcubaguide.com/casas-particulares-in-trinidad-cuba/ Most of the casas are in the town. The beach is about 10 minutes away by taxi.

If you want a more secluded experience, then consider going to Playa Larga. It is on the south side of Cuba. It is 3 hours from Havana. The houses there are directly on the beach. There are some stores and restaurants in the town, but not many. It is more secluded, but it is very nice. Here is a beautiful house that I have stayed in many times in Playa Larga: http://imgur.com/gallery/ad8RL

I hope this helps. If you need help to book the any houses, just tell me.

Mario

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Mario.
    Pawel
    Participant

Hi Mario,

Thanks a lot for your advice. Casa particulares in Playa Larga looks great – could you book it for us? We would like to stay there between 31.01 and 04.02.

We are also looking for a place in :

-Vinales area, 21.01-26.01
    -Cienfuegos, 27-28.01
    -Trinidad 29-30.01

We need two beds as we are traveling with a 2-years old child.

Do you have contacts to taxi colectivos in these locations?

Best Regards,

Pawel

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi Pawel, I will send this info to my assistant in Havana and she will contact the landlords to arrange everything. Can you please send me your contact info…. Please write me a note to rizzi@videotron.ca and just tell me your email address so we can do this more privately.

thanks,

Mario

Marie

Hello Mario,

we are going to Havana in Feb and we are looking for an appartment of a house for 5 adults and one 8-yr old child. Would you have a recommandation for us, for a place ideally centrally located in town?

Many thanks!

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi, yes, I can take care of this. But how many beds do you need? 3 or 4? Just tell me.

Also, please write me at rizzi@videotron.ca so that we can do this privately and so that I can respond to the email directly to you.

Thanks,

Mario

Marie

Done! Krgds, Marie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
CLOSE
CLOSE