fbpx
Jardines de la tropical2018-01-10T17:24:42+00:00

Best Cuba Guide Forums General Jardines de la tropical

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I came across this place on my search for unique places in Havana. I read that it was still used as night club but was wondering, if it is open during the day and how easy it would be to get there.

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi, I have never been there, but I know that it’s a cool place to see (although the gardens are not very large). I don’t think it would be open during the day. (I might be wrong). Usually these places have workers inside during the day and the doors are open, but they don’t let regular people inside, but if you ask nicely or give the door guy a few dollars, they let you inside to look around quick.

The place is at the corner of Ave. 41 y 46, Playa, Havana, Cuba. From Vedado you could take a yellow taxi. The taxi should cost about 5 to 10cuc. I wouldn’t pay much more than that to get there. You can also just walk or bike. It’s just outside of Vedado. You take 23rd all the way west, over the bridge, and then keep on it (it becomes 41) and it’s not particularly far. Any communal taxi going west on 23rd would also pass by this place. The cost would be about 20mn (less than 1cuc) from downtown vedado. Just get off at the intersection of 41 and 42 and then walk to the place.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Havana,+Cuba/@23.1088959,-82.4145705,476m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88cd773444d93a17:0xd9bc0a3d0e7e009d!8m2!3d23.1084963!4d-82.4138341

Locals just call it “Disco La Tropical”

Good luck!

Mario

Frederick Peters

This place has been renovated and is best reached from the front now, off of Carr. Central de Cuba. Look for a big obvious sign south west of the corner of 26. Sign is on your right. Walk down a street called Tropical. The above directions really did not work easily as of Jan 2020. Great place. 5 cuc for us to enter. Cold beer was 3. Open during the day on a Friday, but evenings with a band must be fantastic at the stage with a river valley view.

Frederick Peters

The “Disco La Tropical” that you would reach following the directions from the 1st reply is now apparently referred to as Rosado la Tropical and has a long pink painted wall you cannot miss. Oddly, although the Rosado and the Jardines (de la Tropical) are overlooking the same valley it is not easy to get from one to the other. And thinking about it all I see how we went to the Rosado first thinking it was all part of the same Jardines de la Tropical. Ooops. Lovely walking all over the place just the same.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
CLOSE
CLOSE