fbpx
Small interesting towns!2019-07-31T15:22:15+00:00

Best Cuba Guide Forums General Small interesting towns!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi there, A friend & myself are going to Cuba for the 3rd time next February for 5 weeks. We’ve already travelled as far as Baracoa twice and loved it. This time we fly to Varadero & back from Holguin. I’ve the first 2 weeks planned in Varadero, Matanzas, Havana & Vinales. I would like to go to a few  smaller towns this time where perhaps there is less tourism and a good lively atmosphere! I loved Gibara last time.  We haven’t stayed in Ciego de Avila or Las Tunas. You recommended them to someone else. What about Bayamo and Manzanillo? I love the book! We loved the incredible early show at Casa de La Musica in Central! Many thanks Lorna

Mario
    Keymaster

Hi Lorna, congrats on visiting Cuba. And good luck with your return trip. Here are some interesting places for you to consider.

Bayamo has a nice boulevard with bars and clubs. It’s a fun town and well off the tourist trail.

Playa Larga has more tourism but there is snorkeling and diving and the town is quaint. Not lively, but small and local.

Cienfuegos is a larger city but a lot of fun. It is also close to the El Nicho natural park where you can see waterfalls and swim in lagoons.

Cardenas, right beside varadero can be fun. Despite it’s proximity to varadero, it is not touristy at all.

Pinar del Rio is a nice small town, close to Vinales. Again, not touristy at all.

I like Las Tunas and Manzanillo, but they are not particularly lively places. TBH, most of the residents of those towns would say that the towns are terribly boring, but I enjoy them because there are few tourists and have an authentic Cuban soul.

I hope this helps and if you have more questions, just ask.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
CLOSE
CLOSE